Located up high in the Pâquis district which is home to our hotel in Geneva, the Bains des Pâquis are an essential stopping point right in the centre of Geneva.
The Bains des Pâquis date back to 1872. Their wooden buildings were expanded in 1889 with a construction on stilts to become public and municipal baths. The site was permanently rebuilt using reinforced concrete in 1932 giving way to comprehensive jetty infrastructures. It was used as a leisure complex and gathering place. A new reconstruction project was protested by the users and residents of the Pâquis district in 1980. Reconstruction may rhyme with destruction, but only a dozen pillars were slightly damaged. This protest gave rise to the Association of Users of the Bains des Pâquis (AUBP), which still today manages this exceptional space.
Located towards the outskirts of the city, on a jetty on the right bank of Lake Geneva, the Bains des Pâquis provide a wonderful setting for various summer and winter activities for all ages. An access dock announces a peaceful atmosphere and magical venue. Since the early 19th century, the baths have offered high-quality services as well as affordable activities and dining options. In the summer, they host and organise shows and concerts by the lake, starting at dawn, against a musical backdrop. In the winter, the activities held there include Carnival and the dances organised on the second Saturday of every month. Wellness activities such as massages, a sauna, and a steam bath, as well as silent parties and poetic aperitifs, are sure to enchant all visitors.